Exclusive to the THS Titanic Museum Store
The Definitive Book on the other Titanic Movies
Cameron’s “Titanic” is in a class by itself, many fine books have been published about it.
Simon Mills’“The Titanic in Pictures” is Everything Else Titanic
1912 Silent film, Saved Fom the Titanic with Dorothy Gibson, 1929 Atlantic, 1943 In Nacht und Eis, 1953 Titanic, 1958 A Night to Remember, 1979 Raise the Titanic and more – including TV movies and documentaries
Highly illustrated with vintage posters, stills, advertisements. Softcover.
Exclusive to the THS Titanic Museum Store.
Cat. List TIP1118 $28.95
The first and original story of the last Olympic Class liner, Britannic.
Hostage to Fortune
by Simon Mills
Published by Wordsmith Publications, UK
Simon Mills’ authoritative book tells how Britannic was a masterpiece of marine technology but was never designed for the stage that sealed her fate.
Eclipsed at birth in life and at her passing by circumstances beyond her control, Britannic was very much a hostage to the events of her time. She would never escape from the shadow of her more notorious sister, Titanic, and the destiny of Great Britain’s largest ship of her era would be played out on an altogether different arena. Nevertheless her story has a powerful drama of its own and it is only now that previous forgotten personal papers and diaries shed a new light on the human story of the last Olympian.
Foreword by Dr. Robert Ballard. Includes a large fold-out rigging plan showing her original design. A longitudinal section deck plans A, B, C, D,E, F, G and tank top. 224 pages. Highly illustrated in color and black and white. Hardcover with dust jacket.
Cat List HTF1218 $49.95 (Special to THS $39.95)
A Titanic Historical Society Exclusive
A SET OF TWO EXQUISITELY DETAILED DUTCH TILES:
Titanic on her maiden voyage 11 April 1912 and Olympic on her maiden trip 14 June 1911
- Incredibly beautiful and custom designed for the THS by Maritime Artist Stephen Card.
- These tiles are authentic originals, the real thing, not cheap knockoffs made in other countries.
- The tiles were produced in The Netherlands by The Koninklijke Mosa.
- The Delft Blue decoration was applied and baked into the glaze by T Delftsche Huys in Holland.
- Each tile measures 6X6 inches.
- Each tile comes in an attractive presentation box with a full size photo of the ship on its cover.
- A clear lucite stand and numbered Certificate included.
- Each tile has a unique border decoration depicting tiles on Titanic and Olympic, Oceanic Steam Navigation Co. logo, White Star burgee and early logo design.
Only 50 sets available
Available only in the THS Museum Store
Certificates are numbered. Sold in a set of two only.
List No. TOT818. $119.95